(1) How long have you been on DeviantArt?11 years, though I've pretty much lurked for the last . . . . seven of them. I stopped drawing years ago, and uploaded pictures every now and then, but for the most part, I kinda . . . forget about it.(2) What does your username mean?Nothing special, it's my actual nickname. Though if you want to go with what "Alyson Metallium" means, I picked that because Xelloss Metallium was one of my favorite characters from Slayers, and i had some weird convoluted story line where I was his Aunt (you know, every family, including the Mazoku, has to have that one crazy family member) that he was absolutely terrified of because I was certifiably insane. And that says alot considering. After a while I kind of got to where I liked signing my emails Alyson M, since M is my middle initial.
(3) Describe yourself in three words.Unemployed Indie Author (which sucks. Not the author part, but the unemployed part. Please, buy my books??? *pleads* They're all ebooks, and under a dollar. I write under my real name, Alyson Kent (look for "Collide" along with my last name and you should find it), and I write steamy New Adult short stories under the pen name T. H. Knight (first book is Just This Once, and again, look for title and author together). And yes, I'm aware I just begged online. (4) Are you left or right handed?Right handed. But I know how to punch pretty well with my left.
(5) What was your first deviation?
Don't remember, something with wonky amatory and weird ass coloring, I'm sure. And either Slayers or Trigun related.(6) What is your favourite type of art to create?Anime style
by far. If I try to draw anything other than anime style it looks like a giant sneezed on the page.(7) If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be?Animal Characture so I could illustrage this children's poem I finally finished after working on it for fifteen years. I'd also love to learn how to paint.
(8) What was your first favourite?Don't remember, something awesome
(9) What type of art do you tend to favourite the most?Fanart. Mostly shipping stuff, or of my favorite characters, or just downright pretty awesome things. Sculpture, too.(10) Who is your all-time favourite deviant artist?(11) If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be?
(12) How has a fellow deviant impacted your life?
's one of my best friends, and I've been fortunate enough to visit her several times, and she's always been super supportive and understanding, especially here lately when I call freaking out about family drama and bullshit.(13) What are your preferred tools to create art?Back when I used to actually draw it was paper, pencil, pen and then colored pencils. Which are packed away in storage. Along with my manga. I'm going to cry in the corner now. *sobs in the corner*
iswas the most inspirational place for you to create art?
(15) What is your favourite DeviantArt memory?Finding so many other pictures of my favorite ships, especially the nontraditional ones that are a little off the wall and leave people going "why would you think that?" when I'm all "DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND HOW THEY COULD BE SO PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER?!?!"